Monday, April 20, 2009

Above the Law

Boy oh boy, you can't swing a dead cat in these parts without hitting one of these biatches. This woman is on a 4-lane street that has a posted speed limit of 40mph. Why is it 40mph you ask? Because there have been multiple fatalities on this very street because the old speed limit (50) was too high and people went 10 over THAT. With so many cross streets and cars coming out from those streets, the city decided to lower it, and they were spot-on with their decision.



Having said that, there are always the individuals who believe that their own schedules and needs trump those of the rest of us, and they feel that those silly speed limits don't apply to them. Case in point: Brand new Acura MDX, NM tag 633PAK, hauling ass up this street at not 40... not 50... wait for it... but 60 miles per hour. Oh yes, public safety be damned - she's the center of the universe and she has to be somewhere like right now.

Usually this street is moderately patrolled. RRPD has enough of a presence on this road that people usually go 40 to 45, which is plenty fast. Not this time, though. Does she know something I don't? Is there a shift change at this time? It's not what you know, people...

Enjoy your newfound fame, you reckless twat.

4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to figure out what the road is.. Enchanted Blvd, maybe? I live in Northern Hills and I find the entire north side of Rio Rancho has some of the worst drivers I've ever run into. All in a hurry (after all they live forever from work, probably), lots on their cell phone, very rude tailgaiting, numerous people passing me on Pine Rd when I'm already 5 or so over the speed limit of 25 (I've seen people doing 60 on this road). It's a nightmare sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This road looks like Enchanted Hills Blvd..

    ReplyDelete
  3. The speed limit has always been 40 mph on Enchanted Hills Blvd. Way too many people do speed though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you are basically disputing my statement about the speed limit being 50 at one time?? The speed limit used to be 50 about 5 or 6 years ago. I would know - I got a friendly reminder warning ticket when they lowered it to 40 and I was on it still going 50. Perhaps it's always been 40 since you've lived there, but it was 50 at one time, and people would go 10 or 15 over that and T-bone people coming out of the side streets. A couple of fatalities encouraged the city to lower it to 40. Don't believe me? Ask one of your neighbors who has lived there since it was half built. So there's your history lesson, sparky, I do not make things up.

    ReplyDelete